Saturday, March 28, 2009

I took my camera to work a couple of days ago. These are taken
about seven in the morning. The roads are full of people
going to work, kids going to school, etc. Most
people walk most places, the lucky few get to r
ide.


The guys at left are driving cattle to graze and
the guys at right have a bike-load of kindling
wood. Most people still cook with wood and
buy it a few sticks at a time.

It is cheaper than electrical hookups, plus Malawi
has a power
station down for repairs, and is
not producing enough for
demand, now.
Most of us have an hour a day without

electricity. It also plays havoc with computer
and
cell phone connections.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Tracy! How's the house- and car-hunting going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house hunting is done. I will move into an apartment hopefully on Sunday afternoon. The car-hunting is still in progress, though ICRAF has loaned me a car for a short while, so I am not wheel-less. When I am in the apartment I will have satellite internet, so there should be more posts.

    ReplyDelete